MISSION HOPE NEWS
HELPING FRIENDS MAKE DISCIPLES AND MULTIPLY CHURCHES
Mission Hope Update
Ralph Moore currently travels to Japan, England and the U.S. coaching startup church multipliers. Aaron Suzuki, John Honold and Randy Ishida also serve on the all-volunteer team.
For many years these people traveled the world training church planters but age has caught up to Ralph, limiting his time on airplanes. He now mostly touches leaders via the tools found on this website (actually four sites functioning as one).
In past decades, Ralph has taught and coached in The Philippines, Taiwan, China, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Japan, Sri Lanka, Ecuador, Bolivia, Brazil, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Turkey, Israel, Greece, Hungary, Russia, Ukraine, England and the United States.
The results are stunning. A church multiplication movement has grown out of his work (and books) in Mongolia, moving the needle to nearly five percent of the population up from just over one percent in 2000. The movement he serves in England grew from 16 churches to nearly 60 in the past eight years. This is bearing fruit.
Research demonstrates that evangelism is more rapid during the first ten years of a new church than at any other time. Church planting is the best evangelistic tool in history.
His primary focus is on disciples making disciples (beginning with pastors as central to the disciple-making process) and churches planting churches.
Utilizing a simple microchurch based model churches across the globe are multiplying in an era when the church in the United States shrinks rapidly. But even in this country, those churches that make disciples and reproduce others swim effectively against the tide.
While most recent travels have been via Zoom and reach as far as Australia and Bangladesh, Covid vaccinations make it possible for an old man to travel in person once again.
A recent trip to Phoenix combined both physical travel with technology. He recorded basic teaching about disciplemaking and church planting as videos for distribution across Latin America.
Hope Chapel Hermosa Beach (the first church planted by Ralph and Ruby Moore) celebrated its 50th birthday in October. Ralph and Ruby Moore spent four days there with Ralph preaching at the finale.
His work with Exponential.org puts him in contact with young church planters and multipliers face-to-face. A recent trip was just 25 miles from home with the next in Seattle during November.
The internet continues to provide new opportunites.
Ralph and his buddy Myron Pierce stoke each other’s fires. Though Myron is half Ralph’s age he’s teaching his older brother to utilize online coaching and courses to expand the gospel. You can catch some of there antics if you CLICK HERE and scroll down till you see our faces. The “show” is called Practical Multiplication.
While COVID was and is a tragedy, it also accelerated the use of technology to communicate the gospel and train leaders.
Some churches we work with now touch ten times the number of people they did before the pandemic. Microchurch networks show growth. With one that launched just before the pandemic now numbering 24 small congregations in several countries. These began mostly online but now meet face-to-face. One friend had planted an online church for computer gamers before the crisis. During lockdown the group has grown to more than 250 people – online gamers are a crowd not usually associated with churches or the gospel. They are literally being discipled into a relationship with Jesus. Continues Below
Prayer and Praise
– Prayer for Sundar, a bivocational church leader in Nepal. His wife is battling both ALS and cancer. The prognosis is not good. These people have built nearly two dozen neighborhoods, donating much of their profit to church planting. Sundar leads a church of 700+ while planting nearly 200 churches and operating several orphanages.
– Prayer for Randall Ishida, a valued team member currently battling stage four cancer. Randy’s specific prayer is that he has time to fully equip his disciples for the time when he leaves them for heaven.
– A recent project to strengthen churches in Latin America through videos featuring Ralph teaching on disciples making disciples and churches planting churches.
– The CHURCH in Hawaii that seems to be losing its impetus to plant new congregations. This prayer crosses denominational lines. For four decades Hawaii was the only state in the U.S. to show overall church growth. This was due to disciplemaking and church planting. Pray for new leaders to emerge with a drive to continue the legacy.
– Thanks for Carl Moore and his new wife, Kristin. Ralph and Ruby are blessed by both and even more by the two wonderful grandchildren Kristin brings with her.
– Thanks for Ruby, Stephanie Suzuki and Brenda Honold for their willingness to trapse around the world on all our adventures and endure nights at home whenever their husbands travel alone.
“But life is worth nothing unless we use it for doing the work assigned us by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love”
A Softer, Less Building-Centric Approach
We’re training leaders to take a softer approach to evangelism, to avoid overdependence on weekend sermons and to engage people around prayer and “spirituality” before ever getting into scripture. While our culture drifts into increasing rejection of Christianity, individuals still respond to love and patience.
Donations are still very much appreciated as we spend a surprising amount of money for hardware and software in order to adapt to the opportunities as they unfolded. We’re now touching far more people each year than we did before the pandemic.
If you choose to donate you can use the button below or mail to Mission Hope International, PO Box 6434 Kaneohe, HI 96744.